The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which began as a regulatory requirement, is increasingly seen as a long-term opportunity to establish greater trust with customers and further unlock employee collaboration and productivity in many businesses. The intelligent compliance solutions in Microsoft 365 help you assess and manage your compliance risks and leverage the cloud to identify, classify, protect, and monitor sensitive data residing in hybrid and heterogeneous environments to support GDPR compliance.
Updates in Microsoft 365—
currently rolling out— help protect sensitive data and include:
- Compliance Manager general availability for Azure, Dynamics 365, and Office 365 Business and Enterprise customers in public clouds.
- Compliance Score availability for Office 365.
- Azure Information Protection scanner general availability.
In addition to the updates announced today, capabilities in Microsoft 365 help to:
- Protect sensitive data in apps and across cloud services.
- Support data protection across platforms.
- Provide a consistent labeling schema experience (in preview).
We’re also going to expand sensitive data types to include a GDPR template to consolidate sensitive data types into a single template. Read More